
(37 Weeks...Technically FULL TERM!!!)
1. Your belly hangs out the bottom of size large maternity clothes when you wear a size small pre-pregnancy.
2. People at the next table stare while you eat your food and inexcusably have a loud conversation about your belly. (Two older women at lunch this week, thank you very much!) Consequently, you do all you can not to go in public.
3. The time between contractions (EXCUSE ME...BRAXTONS HICKS) are less than the time you are contracting. Who cares you've been told you have an irriatable uterus. They are still not comfortable.
4. Your husband affectionately and accurately refers to your baby belly as "little torpedo."

5. You are BORED because you've been on overdrive trying to finish every last project and now there is nothing to do but sit around and wait. (Truthfully you could think of a million projects, but why start another you won't have time to finish?)
6 You stand still every time you have a contraction for fear of walking and emptying your bladder on the floor. Apparently, your uterus is pushing everything out except the baby.
7. You can no longer climb the stairs without walking like a duck because as soon as you lift your foot, the top of your thigh hits the bottom of your belly.
8. You ask your kids where their little brother is and they tell you he's standing at your feet, you just couldn't see him. (I thought I felt something brush by my legs but they are practically numb. To my credit, I was wearing a fluffy apron standing between the counter and the fridge.)
9. You can't sleep at night as it is so the baby might as well be the one waking you.
AND FINALLY...
10. You think you might be in labor and rather than pack your hospital bag, you try in vain to take a nap because it’s the last bit of rest you will get in a long time. (Funny how priorities changes with baby #5.)
Of course, all of these factors are my own. Not my baby’s. He is still going to come when he wants to. So I pray for endurance, tolerance, patience, and another good day of loving my life. Because really, if I can find the humor, it's a good life. :)
5 comments:
I wish you luck.
Do you even have one stretch mark? Your "torpedo" looks great!
Must be the great lighting. I have a bazillion stretch marks. With each baby they get higher and higher on my belly. Poor Audrey was looking at my stomach and asked if her belly would look like that. I told her hopefully not, I never wanted mine to look like my mom's after babies had done their damage!
I love your belly. I can't believe you're going to have 5 kids. Go Dixie!
Oh boy, do I ever relate! Thankfully, you still have a sense of humor! It's the only way to get through that last few weeks. You can do it!
Post a Comment