
When we returned from our summer travels, I had it in me for room overhauls. I had dejunked closets and rooms before we left, so I felt like I was working with clean slates! Since we moved to Grand Junction, I have been holding off doing too much decorating. We didn't think we would be living in this house that long, and didn't know the space we would have available when we moved. Plus, I considered if we are just renting, why paint the walls when I'm going to have to paint them back. And it's not as if I didn't have other personalities vying for my attention.
Well, for Audrey's 9th birthday I told her we would finally decorate her room. I calculated we have enough paint of the original wall color to paint one accent wall. She helped pick out the bedding and helped me paint all the frames, flowers, and butterflies to match. Corbin and Drew were thrilled to get in on the painting fun.

I happened to pick up these cute paint shirts at IKEA when we were in Utah. I thought they may come in handy for little art projects we do here and there. They definitely served their purpose for this job!

Audrey was too excited and could hardly wait for the finished look. We painted and decorated a little early to ensure her bedroom was done before her birthday and baby Fisher arrived.


I love how it turned out, but I must say, my favorite part is the sheets. Maybe because they were so hard to find and get, but I'm pretty sure it's because after looking several places, I thought they were darling and matched her quilt perfectly.

The boys room got a sports makeover. (I finally took the fishing pictures off the wall and put them in Jake's room with the other fishing decor.) In the middle frame, we are going to pin up their soccer pictures and ribbons they may acquire. Both Drew and Corbin have their first soccer game this weekend. After Corbin's practice tonight, he was pretty cute. He asked Brandon if he could even wait until Saturday. (Because who wouldn't be so excited to watch him play!)

And I finally found bedding for my room that I liked well enough to buy. I've been looking for two years and I just haven't found anything I had to have.

This particular set is great because I keep my gold sheets and accent color that matches the cradle bedding my mom made when I had Drew. (That sewing talent is nice to have in the family...but it seems my sister and sister-in-laws are the ones that picked it up. Definitely not me.) Nonetheless, Brandon finally moved his fishing gear from the cradle to the garage. Sheets are washed and ready for baby Fisher!
2 comments:
I love your cradle! Wish I could find one in Alaska, shipping is ridiculous up here. Their rooms look great!
Awesome! Rooms look great! I think the visit is going to have to wait until after baby Fisher is born. We are moving in 2 weeks and I have to start packing.
Post a Comment