
I have felt truly blessed when it comes to swim lessons for my kids. Granted, I go through some awful experiences and walk away saying, "I will never do that again," but then the most wonderful scenarios appear.
I have a dear neighbor who was willing to let us use her pool for private swim lessons, IF I HAD AN INSTRUCTOR. And what do you know, I had a wonderful instructor who was willing to teach IF I HAD ACCES TO A POOL! So, the past couple weeks Audrey, Corbin, and Drew have taken swim lessons right next door while Jake takes his nap and I have hold of the monitor or a babysitter is at the house. DREAMY!!!
Each of the kids have improved so much I am so pleased with their progress.
Drew still operates in the "NO FEAR" category when it comes to water, so lessons are a good thing. He can hold his breath forever and thinks he is invincible. In this picture you can see he is finally learning to blow bubbles while he swims.

Here he is swimming to get the floating pony.

And he is even mastering the back float...not quite floating on his own, but not screaming that he is on his back! He can dive for coins, do frog bobs where he pushes off the bottom of the pool and comes up for air, and gets around on the kickboard, even rotating to his back. He attention span is ridiculous and I compliment Miss Carrie for putting up with whatever he wants to do, but I'm chalking it up to his age. :)

Corbin has done a fantastic job to build his skills enough to swim the length of the pool. Two years ago he could do the breast-stroke, but without decent lessons, his confidence has wained. When he would play on his own, he always had some sort of floating device.

I can hardly believe he's floating on his back with a smile!!!

I didn't decide to record anything until after he had already swam the length of the pool twice. Here he is giving it another try for the camera...a little tired.
If there were a million hours in the day and less things to accomplish, I would put Audrey on a swim team! I thought she did great. The instructor couldn't believe she had only two sets of lessons. She is doing awesome to swim laps, changing up her stroke. She even attempts the butterfly!


Here she is swimming the breaststroke...again, I'm slow at the video. She had already done a few laps and is a little tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment