Instead we opted for a shorter hike and visited Johnny Sack's cabin at Big Springs. I don't know that I've ever been there when the cabin has been open to the public. That trail was paved and less than a mile round trip! Our main intent for visiting Big Springs was to feed the fish.


In the past, we have taken old bread. But not anymore! We were tipped off to bring a secret weapon. NIGHT CRAWLERS! I couldn't stand to watch the boys stretch the worms apart until they broke. I know that's the way the "food" lasts longer, but EEEEWWWWW! And to think as a little girl, I did that myself.

We've added two more squirrels to the count. "Biter" because he thought for sure he could chew through the metal bars, and "Fasty" because he ran away super fast when the cage was opened. Notice the new system that has been configured to carry the squirrel cage.

The kids are accustomed to donning their helmets, running out the door, and waiting on the 4-wheeler when dad says, "Who wants to go with me?" If I could only figure out how to get that same response when I say, "I'm doing dishes, who wants to help me?"

The rest of the day we did laundry, movies, more Big Blue Island, canoes, played around at the park in IP Village, and the kids built an obstacle course. Pretty creative.
No comments:
Post a Comment