
We had some friends come to visit with three young children whose ages match ours almost perfectly. And considering this was the first day of Christmas break, the kids were giddy to be out of school. It was so cold outside and we had so many little ones, we had to find an indoor activity. And what better activity to take up an ENTIRE day than Sugar Cookies. Making the dough, rolling it out and cutting shapes, cooking, and then decorating. The kids had a great time, but by late afternoon, I didn't care how cold it was outside, they were escorted out to sled on the ice still left on our driveway. Tons of energy and excitement with a healthy dose of sugar made for some wild hoodlums.

I love how Corbin wears his apron but I'm not sure it's doing the job it was designed to do. :)

Drew had the best time playing in the flour. He dumped his entire bowl on top of the dough and let it sift through his fingers.

Here's Audrey and Lexie. They were most intrigued with the decorating part. Audrey has been taking a cake decorating class at school once a week and has gotten pretty good. I should have taken some pictures of her finished cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment