I would imagine that any mom of small children knows how glorious it is to have a day to play...without her little dependents! For whatever reason all the stars aligned and my friend Diana came to visit for a short weekend. And, considering I recently weened Jake, Brandon was able and willing to watch the kids while we pretended we had no other worries or cares in the world. What a great husband!
We went Mountain Biking on two of my favorite trails in Fruita (Kokopelli - Rustlers and 18 Rd - Primecut to Kesler) and then traveled a short distance to Glenwood Springs to hike Hanging Lake and relaxed in the vapor caves. Here's a few photos from the day.
Just so happened while I was playing, Brandon had unexpected challenges at work that required him to leave town the next day. Glad I got my break! Since he was driving through Burley, ID, he took Drew with him to spend some time with Grandma. (Remove the two-year old from the mix and that's a break in and of itself!!!) Diana and I took the other kids on the Devil's Kitchen hike in the Colorado National Monument right behind our house.
1 comment:
Oh I am so jelous! I would love to go be active. I have to say though, your kiddos are stil adorable. Glad you were able to get away.
Post a Comment