I don't know what it is about naps. When you are small and HAVE to take a nap, you don't want to. It seems every child goes through a stage where they fight the sleep. Take Drew for instance. Today he insisted he was not tired. He climbed out of his bed, but stopped on the stairs because he knew he was suppose to be taking a nap and thought better of coming all the way downstairs. Me on the other hand, WISHES I could take a nap every day and somehow the sleep evades me. After all, on the rare occasion both boys sleep at the same time, I can either take a moment to get SOMETHING done for the day, or sleep. I guess it's that principle of wanting what you can't have. Drew can't go without and I can't sleep every afternoon. :)
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Naptime
I don't know what it is about naps. When you are small and HAVE to take a nap, you don't want to. It seems every child goes through a stage where they fight the sleep. Take Drew for instance. Today he insisted he was not tired. He climbed out of his bed, but stopped on the stairs because he knew he was suppose to be taking a nap and thought better of coming all the way downstairs. Me on the other hand, WISHES I could take a nap every day and somehow the sleep evades me. After all, on the rare occasion both boys sleep at the same time, I can either take a moment to get SOMETHING done for the day, or sleep. I guess it's that principle of wanting what you can't have. Drew can't go without and I can't sleep every afternoon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment