This was funny. This past week Corbin was learning about the Constitution in school. As one of his homework assigments (I mean, MY homework assignment) he was to write a family constitution. So, I looked the constitution up and tried to format it the same. Basically Corbin told me we had to write the "Rules" of our family. I chuckled to myself and wondered what the RULES were! I let the kids tell me what they thought. Here's what they came up with. Granted, they are not all enforced, nor are they followed - but a mom can always dream!
We the members of the Brandon and Dixie Williams family, in order to learn to work together, establish fairness, insure peace in our home, provide for the growth of each person, and secure the blessings of love and unity to ourselves and posterity, do write this family constitution.
Article I. No whining.
Article II. No climbing or jumping on furniture.
Article III. Eating is allowed only in the kitchen or outside.
Article IV. Finish work before play.
Article V. Wild and roudy behavior is allowed outside only.
Article VI. No television before school.
Article VII. Clean up after yourself.
Article VIII. Talk kindly to one another.
Article IX. Obey parents.
Article X. Be honest and take responsibility for your actions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're right, this was funny! I love the sounds of this family constitution, wouldn't that make for a well run home? :)
I made my blog private and I don't have your email address but if you are interested let me know, I would be happy to "invite" you. nat@byu.net
Post a Comment