What little boy wouldn't love to have his mom all to himself? On his birthday? At Disneyland nonetheless! Well, I hope the answer is any of my boys, but this day was Drew's special day. We haven't had our Disney passes very long, but long enough for Drew to figure out he likes going. So I told him we would go on Monday, his birthday, and he could get a toy. (We figure when you have passes, toys and treats do not happen every trip so that was a big deal.)
We had planned to go as a family for a few hours that night, but when I looked at the forecast, the chance of rain was more probable as the day went on. So, I made some quick arrangements for the two other boys, crossed my fingers, and away we went.
We headed straight for Toy Story Mania as soon as California Disney opened. I couldn't believe there was already a half hour wait. We had fun playing "I spy" as we stood in line.
Drew was pretty serious about the game. He at least turned his head for me to snap a pictures, but eyes had to stay on target. :)
His favorite ride is Star Tours. He was so happy to have me follow wherever he wanted to go. No negotiating, compromising, or waiting for his turn. Ahhhh, what every kid (and grown-up) wants!
When we came out of the Star Tours ride, it started pouring. We timed our visit perfectly and made it home just after the older kids got out of school. I loved having the few hours with Drew one-on-one and was grateful to create some fun memories together. Happy Birthday Drew. I love you!!!





1 comment:
Sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday!
Post a Comment