Monday, April 26, 2010

Shya Bell is here!

My sister had her baby April 15th and I was lucky enough to be in town! I was attending a Zone Therapy Class all weekend but was able to split my time in class during the days and babysit their little boy at night. (Grandma had the harder job of babysitting during the day.)


Because they hadn't settled on a name yet, Brandon thought they should call her "Taxi" considering she was born on tax day. :) Gratefully that didn't stick. She is so cute and I had a tough time giving her back to her mom. She reminded me so much of my little ones and it's been a while since I had a GIRL!!!


Raelene was a champ and delivered V-back after 18 hours of labor. Her first was delivered c-section after 3 1/2 hours of pushing and no luck. She said when Shya was coming out her and Josh couldn't believe it. Pushing actually worked! And she pushed less than an hour!


Funny story though. Raelne's doctor is moving from American Fork, UT so a new female practitioner is taking over. When Raelene when into labor, she found out the new doctor was on call and would be delivering. She was a little apprehensive because she knew nothing about her, but turns out she is the SAME doctor I had here in Grand Junction before I switched to a midwife. Apparently this doctor had twins a few months ago, totaling her family count to four little boys under four years old. She left Grand Junction to be closer to family and have a different work schedule that would be able to accommodate her profession. Small world!

Here's all the family! Cohen, Raelene, Shya and Josh. Congrats!!!

2 comments:

Isom Crew said...

You guys are so cute! Congratulations to you all! How nice that you were able to be there.

de Arrieta said...

What a beautiful little girl and family. Raelene looks so grown up. I am used to her being so little. I guess that makes me ancient!!