
Jake is such a special little boy that we are blessed to have him join our family. His spirit is so sweet and gentle and I know he has a great mission and purpose here on earth to have made it into our ranks. I fondly recall to others that Brandon and I were done having children after two. So the fact that Jake is our fourth child born at full-term means he's been through a lot to get here. Early on in the pregnancy when Brandon was visiting his family with the three kids, I had a few days to myself. In the rare quiet moments, I came to understand we may have another little boy join our family. I had believed I was pregnant with a girl, and thought "this boy" would come later. But nonetheless, I was so excited I had to write in my journal and call my mom to share the news. The feeling was just as real as if I had read a positive pregnancy test. We did not learn that our little boy was coming sooner rather than later until we had the ultrasound at 20 weeks. I cried and felt heartsick because I was so confused. I had professed with 99% certainty that we were having a girl. I literally felt as if I had lost a child. And yet, I was grateful to have had the experience to expect another son, confirming that all was as it should be.


Brandon did a great job blessing Jake in church, July 5, 2009, assisted by his dad, Garth, my dad Dell, my Grandpa Bishop, brother-in-laws Matt Cook, Pablo Silvaz, and Josh Christopherson, his Uncle Jared, and cousin Chris Williams. Of special note, Brandon spoke of the importance of Jake's name, "Jacob." Again, this was a matter of confirmation to us, since Brandon and I favored the name "Fisher" and only accepted the name Jacob after much persistance from feelings and listening to our more sensitive children who thought that is what his name should be. Everyone has welcomed him with love and excitement. Brandon and I are so grateful to have such awesome family members who support us through our family's life events. We didn't expect anyone (besides grandparents) to make the haul and we were pleasantly surprised by the turnout. We know not everyone was able to travel the distance but we felt your love and thank you!
Grandma and Grandpa Sam with baby Jake. They live in Burley, ID. Jake is the 14th grandchild.

Grandma and Grandpa Anna with baby Jake. They live in Fallon, NV. (Because my maiden name is Williams, it didn't make sense to call the grandparents "Grandma and Grandpa Williams." So, because Brandon's mom was already being referred to as "Grandma Sam" by her grandkids, we started calling my mom "Grandma Anna". Consequently, the grandpa's are referred to as their female counterparts.) :) Jake is the 11th grandchild for my mom and dad.
Uncle Jared and Aunt Janet with baby Jake. They are our resident grandparents in Grand Junction and we are so lucky to live close to family! We miss them when they are spending time in California with business responsibilities. 
Grandma and Grandpa Bishop with baby Jake. They live in Delta, Utah. I don't even know how many great-grandkids they have. Considering this is both their second marriage, they have over 60 grandkids, most of whom are full grown and started their own families. For my grandpa, I'm guessing Jake is somewhere around the 30th - 32nd great-grandchild.
3 comments:
We were there in our hearts! I bet that was fun to have so many people there. Families are the best!
Dixie, it was so fun to hear from you on my blog and even more fun to sit here and look at your adorable family. I didn't know you were in Colorado, and that you had your 4th, that Jake is precious! Loved reading your "grateful for motherhood" post. I will look forward to keeping up with you a little better. Take Care and good luck with 4!!!!
Hey Dix! So fun to get your email. I never thought I'd see the day with you and FOUR little kiddos! They are all such beauties. I completely understood your feelings on being certain on having a little girl and feeling like you 'lost her' with a boy on the way. Although, for me, Vivie was supposed to be my little boy and caboose! I think Heavenly Father has such a hilarious sense of humor as he laughs at us from afar! Yes, as soon as I get my fanny in gear, I'll start blogging again and it will be much easier to keep in touch. I'm glad you're enjoying your adventures in CO. xo
Post a Comment