Wednesday, March 28, 2012

To Nap or Not to Nap. That is the question.

Miracle of all miracles.  They are all asleep at the same time.  Now will they make the transfer or do I take my nap in the car too?  Hmmm.  Tempting.


I love when I get a few moments of quiet during the day.  It makes all the world of difference in filling my cup.  But when Jake and Drew fall asleep in daytime hours, we get into a viscous cycle - super late bedtimes which means they will need to nap again the next day.  

Audrey is the only one that could take a nap (even a couple months into kindergarten), and still go to bed on time.  Corbin and Jake both battled the nap/no nap issue when they were about 2 1/2.  Drew made it until 4 1/2.  But even now at 5, he needs about 2 naps a week.  Fisher seems to be following Audrey's footsteps.  At 1 1/2, he takes a 3 hour nap during the day and sleeps 12 hours at night.  Keep up the good work Fish!

Sometimes though, I take the hit to score a minute to myself so I can regroup before the witching hours begin.  You know, older kids home from school, homework to do, babies to hold, and dinner to make.  ALL AT THE SAME TIME!   :)

No comments: