Drew is cracking me up. Some days with laughter others days with non-stop high pitched whining. Today was a bit of both...
Story 1:
After getting home from preschool, Drew went straight to the computer to play games and watch some shows.
Me: Drew, would you like some lunch?
Drew: (In a whine voice) I don't want lunch. Mom, was that whining?
Me: Yes. That was whining.
Drew: That wasn't whining, that was pouting!
1/2 hour later...
Drew: I'm hungry.
Me: Would you like some lunch.
Drew: (Still whining) No, I want cereal.
Story 2:
In our Christmas boxes of decorations, the kids found the white elephant gift Brandon brought home from a work party last year. An annoying little chipmunk that sings, "I'm getting nothing for Christmas" when you push the button on his foot. The kids play it over and over and over, singing along as loud as they can. Well, Drew has started asking me lately, "Mom, are you and Dad mad?"
I know he's smart, so I can't decide if he is enamored with the emotions and aware of times when he's been mad or worried about his recent behavior that has bordered on "bad" and considered the Christmas morning consequences. :)
Story 3:
This week we are finally starting to feel a little bit settled so Brandon attempted to unclog the toilet that has been clogged within a couple days of moving. Knowing how my Jake likes to play in the toilets, my assumption has been the 18-month old as the culprit. Well, Brandon got out the toilet augur (a.k.a. "snake") and went to work shoving whatever was stuck farther down the pipes. (After a $150 visit from Roto Rooter, we found Jake was indeed to blame. He tried to flush Fisher's snot sucker. You know, the blue bulb that is suppose to extract baby boogers.) Anyway, Drew didn't like to run upstairs to go potty when the toilet was clogged, and would sneak into the bathroom, poop, and then not flush the toilet. So when Brandon got to the mess, it was just that...a mess! He guarded himself with a dishtowel around his face and went to work. The kids thought it was fun of course and got their own masks and watched dad shove the "poop snake" down the toilet. Fast forward a day or two later when we were eating dinner. In an effort to get Drew to eat his dinner, Brandon tells him there are all sorts of animals in his food. He said, "Drew, look at those snakes. Eat them all up." Drew got an inquisitive look on his face, turned to Brandon and asked, "Poop Snakes?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I havent been in touch for so long or on the internet! Suddenly I get on and there is another babe on your blog! So darling! Congrats. What is your address?
Post a Comment