
Jake is following closely in his siblings footsteps. He is a happy mischevious and curious little boy. Something I love and dread! In the last couple months he has come alive. And although he is fun to watch, he is a headache to clean up after, or to keep track for that matter.

This is the little cruiser at 9 months. He got along most everywhere he needed by pulling himself up and holding on to furniture or walls. With my other children, I have always encouraged mobility. I never quite understood everyone else's wishes for their child to stay immobile. In my world, the sooner they crawl and walk, the sooner they seem to be more content. I don't have to carry them as much and they have a whole new world opened up to them.
Yet, I have not had more than one child in the destructive stage at the same time. I don't have time to recover the tornado's Drew makes before Jake's making his own. Lately my solution is to not clean it up at all. :)
Before Jake could crawl or walk, he was climbing the stairs. Apparently putting up a fence is futile. With other kids going up and down, they don't do much to keep the gate in place. Jake manuveured his way under the fence to get to the top. The toys are upstairs...he's no dummy. I'm may have to make an alternate toy room on the main level. :)

He was 10 months old when he accomplished this feat. He was so proud to climb and then turn around to look down at me. He thinks he can climb down, but the problem is he stands up on every stair. He had his first tumble, and I hope the last, on his birthday.

As mentioned before, one of his favorite play areas is the bathroom. And why not? There's fun water to splash in and cool white stuff that you can drag around the house.


One morning I turned on the shower to warm up the water before I got in. The shower door was MOSTLY closed, but apparently not enough. Next thing I knew, Jake climbed right in...p.j.'s and all.

Must to my dismay, he's even mastered the technique of escaping his high chair. Shortly after this we put the straps back in to keep him in lock down during mealtime.

One thing is for sure. Life is never dull around our house.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness Jake is cute! You haveyour hands full with those boys :)
Post a Comment