Jacob Brandon Williams was born June 4th at 5:36 PM. Our first due date baby! Labor was fast and furious. 2 1/2 hours total. Only at the hospital for 1 hour 20 minutes before he made his debut. Brandon wasn't convinced we were going to the hospital to stay. I thought otherwise! I was thrilled my body went into labor on its own. I attempted the Hypnobirthing Method. I personally think I did great during dialation. But the actual birthing was a whole other experience. When I was a 9 and my water was still intact and didn't show ANY signs of rupturing on its own, my midwife poked a hole and it was all over from there. My focus and "I'm in control" went out the window. Jake came so fast and his head was already crowning, I was really caught off guard. Nurses said he had a big head (14") but he got stuck on his shoulders. After his head was out, it still took 2 minutes to get shoulders and rest of body free. OUCH!!!!! (And that's mild.) Midwife was turning and tugging, nurse was on my stomach pushing. I was screaming "Get this baby out of me." It's kind of embarrassing now. :) Anyway, Jake's a champ and he recovered great from cord around his neck and bruising from his power impact with my tailbone. I am happy I was able to gift Jake a drug-free childbirth. Brandon couldn't believe the difference in how alert he was right after delivery compared to our other babies. I on the other hand had a bit of complications. My uterus started hemmoraging and it was MISREABLE! Frantic nurses, needles, shots, missed IV's, pills shoved, arms restrained, more pushing on my stomach, me screaming at the nurses. I must have been a sight. Apparently my blood pressure was not so hot. 50 something over 30. Fortunately they got the bleeding to stop before they had to give me a shot through my belly to my uterus and then off to the OR for a hysterectomy. They told me, big baby, fast labor, 4th kid. I'm doing much better after two units of blood and on the road to recovery. So good that I'm actually posting a blog for family and friends to see our new baby!!! Thanks for the prayers, phone calls, and well wishes. We are so thankful to have Jake here and healthy!
The kids adore him and bug grandma every other hour to come to the hospital and see him. They fight over whos turn it is to hold him and who got to hold him longer. :) They've got the house decorated for a birthday party and can hardly wait to smother him with their love and affection. Good thing he's tough.






7 comments:
Oh Dixie! He is soooo cute! I hope you are recovering well both physically and emotionally. It sounds like quite the experience. At least you have some cute little chubby cheeks to love on :)
He is adorable...looks like he fits right in! It looks like you're recovering well...I hope you can heal quick!
So cute! He looks SO much like Drew...wonder if they'll still look a like in a few years. Can't wait to see him in person!
Oh, he's so cute! A Williams for sure! I'm glad he got here without too much trouble.
way to get the post up quick, well done!! Love you aand can't wait to see you in few weeks! Mel
Parabens! Congrats!!! He is so adorable, he looks like Drew, I can't wait to see him and you, hope all is well.
Love,
Leia
Holy crap girl! I thought mine was a scarey thing, but you took the cake. Jake is adorable, you still beautiful, and I am glad to hear all is well now. I am just sad this is the last one. You and Brandon have cute kiddos!
Post a Comment